Fourpure and Dalstons Joint Privacy Notice
When you enter our Fourpure & Dalstons competition to win goodies from Fourpure Brewing Co and Dalstons Soda Co, we need to inform you of the ways in which we will lawfully process your data.
Our Fourpure & Dalstons competition is co-branded with Dalstons.
We are Fourpure Brewing, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07777184 at Companies House and whose registered office is at 25 Rotherhithe New Rd, London SE16 3LL
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our general website privacy notice is available here.
Our partner is Dalstons Soda Co, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07901859 at Companies House and whose registered office is at Dalston’s Soda Co, 33 Queen St, London EC4R 1AP, United Kingdom.
Their Date Controller can be reached by emailing email@example.com. Their Privacy notice explaining how they handle data outside of this competition is here.
For the purposes of this competition Fourpure Brewing Co and Dalstons are joint controllers. That means we are both using the same set of data for the same purposes and are trusted to look after and deal with your personal information in accordance with this notice and if you consent to marketing by either of us, in line with our general privacy notices. We jointly determine the ways and means of processing your data for this competition and must therefore must both be accountable for it.
Data that we hold and how we use it
When you enter on of our competitions, we process your name, email address and entry information, including your acceptance of our T&C’s plus any marketing preferences provided.
Those details are used for the purposes of administrating the competition and letting you know if you are a winner. This data will be retained for no more than six months after the competition in case of any issues or queries.
If you consented for your details to be used for marketing purposes, then your name and email address will be added to the appropriate company’s marketing data. For details on how the data is then processed by each company, please refer to their regular privacy notices here and here.
Lawful basis for processing
Our lawful basis for processing the data is contract when you are entering into the competition and consent if you ticked the marketing preferences box for either company.
Data Sharing and Transfers
Like most companies, we use a number of other companies as part of our data processing, for example, cloud services and technology services. We have Data Processing Agreements in place with these providers. Where data is transferred outside of the EEA, we ensure that appropriate protection and mechanisms are in place, for example, Standard Contractual Clauses. We do not sell your data to anybody and we do not share it with anyone other than our contracted processors
Technical and Operational Security
All data is password protected, access controlled, backed up securely and encrypted when appropriate.
All employees at both companies are trained in data protection and are aware of their obligations to ensure the privacy of all data subjects.
Data Privacy by Design and Default is an integral part of both our development processes.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights over your personal data under the Data Protection Laws. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact either of us on firstname.lastname@example.org or hello@Dalstons.co.uk
- Right of access: You can request access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you as well as details about why and how we use;
- Right to rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any personal data we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten/erasure: You have a right, under certain circumstances to ask us to delete any personal data we hold out you. Please note that there may be situations where we must retain your personal data after a request for erasure where we have a lawful basis for doing so.
- Right of restriction: You can ask us to restrict (ie: prevent) the processing of your personal data where you have objected to our use of it and we have no lawful basis to continue processing your personal data.
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you can ask us to transfer the data we hold about you to another. This would be sent in a structed, commonly used, electronic form;
- Right to object: You can object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Automated decision making: You have a right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling in certain circumstances.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority – in the UK that is the ICO whose details are here https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/postal-addresses/
We do not use your personal data in any automated processes to make decisions about you.
What happens if either company changes hands?
We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or transfer of control of all or part of our business. Any personal data that you have provided will, where it is relevant to any part of our business that is being transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, depending on the lawful basis, be permitted to use that data only for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by us.
In the event any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.